Answer Key to Chapter 4 Learning Activities
1. The five moments of hand hygiene occur: 1) before touching a patient, 2) before a procedure, 3) after a procedure/body fluid exposure risk, 4) after touching a patient, 5) after touching a patient’s surroundings.
When entering a patient’s room to perform the skill of intermittent catheterization, hand hygiene should be performed:
- Upon entry into the room
- After touching the patient’s surroundings and preparing for the procedure
- Before touching the patient
- After the procedure/ body fluid exposure risk
- After touching the patient’s surroundings
- Upon exiting the room
2. B – Patient on Clostridium Difficile (C-Diff) contact precautions, D – Hands are visibly soiled
Answers to interactive elements are given within the interactive element.