6.13 Learning Activities
Open Resources for Nursing (Open RN)
(Answers to “Learning Activities” can be found in the ‘”Answer Key'” at the end of the book. Answers to interactive activity elements will be provided within the element as immediate feedback.)
1. A male client has an impairment of cranial nerve II. Specific to this impairment, the nurse would plan to do which of the following to ensure client safety?
- Use loud a tone when speaking to the client
- Test the temperature of the shower water
- Check the temperature of the food prior to eating
- Remove obstacles when ambulating
2. The nurse is performing a mental status examination on a client with confusion. This test assesses which of the following?
- Cerebral function
- Cerebellar function
- Sensory function
- Intellectual function