- Safely administer medications and irrigations for the eye, ear, inhalation, and vaginal routes
- Select the appropriate equipment
- Calculate correct amount to administer
- Select appropriate site
- Modify the procedure to reflect variations across the life span
- Document actions and observations
- Recognize and report significant deviations from norms
This chapter will review specific information related to administering medications via the topical, transdermal, eye, ear, inhalation, and vaginal routes. Read additional information about administering medications in the “Administration of Enteral Medications” and “Administration of Parenteral Medications” chapters.