Answer Key to Chapter 15 Learning Activities
- Dimensional Analysis:
- If an incorrect medication is given, the nurse should promptly take the following actions:
- Assess the patient given the wrong medication. Assess for adverse effects related to the error.
- Notify the nurse manager/primary care provider regarding the medication error.
- Discuss the course of action to be taken.
- Implement action and continue to monitor the patient for signs of complication or change in condition.
- Report the incident via institution policy.
Answers to interactive elements are given within the interactive element.