- Develop a current professional resume or portfolio
- Identify steps for preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination
- Identify actions for obtaining nursing credentials
- Identify strategies for successful nursing interviews
- Identify goals for lifelong learning and professional development
Preparing to enter the workforce as a registered nurse (RN) can be a challenging but exciting time. Being aware of available resources to help navigate this process will decrease stress and make the process more manageable. This chapter will discuss how to prepare for the NCLEX-RN examination, obtain a nursing license, create a resume and portfolio, effectively participate in an interview, transition into the RN role, and become a lifelong learner.