- Review basic concepts of client-centered communication
- Outline effective therapeutic communication techniques
- Describe barriers to effective therapeutic communication
- Explore guidelines for effective communication during teletherapy
Nurses engage in compassionate, supportive, professional relationships with their clients as part of the “art of nursing.” This chapter will review the nurse-client relationship, therapeutic communication, and motivational interviewing. It will also introduce teletherapy and telehealth.
- American Nurses Association. (2021). Nursing: Scope and standards of practice (4th ed.). American Nurses Association. ↵