- Describe vulnerable populations
- Outline factors that may impact health-seeking behaviors of vulnerable populations
- Discuss support systems and organizations available for vulnerable populations
- Describe the role of the nurse as an advocate for vulnerable populations
- Apply the nursing process to caring for vulnerable populations using evidence-based practice
- Discuss interprofessional collaboration in providing care for vulnerable populations
The “Community Assessment” chapter describes how to assess community health needs and apply the nursing process to community health nursing. This chapter provides an overview of vulnerable populations and information for the nurse generalist to support their needs. The nursing process is applied to providing care for a vulnerable population in the “Spotlight Application” section.